St. George Orthodox Church, Vijayawada

Vicar

Rev. Dr. Fr. Mathews M. Daniel


0881 2210144
095507 22458
[email protected]

List of Managing Committee Members for the year 2017-18.
Mr. M.M. Thomas

Kaisthanee (Treasurer )

Mr. Lyju George

Secretary

Managing Committee Members:
  1.  Binu Abraham
  2. Renju Alex
  3. Puspa P. Susan

St. Stephen’s Orthodox Church,Visakhapatnam

11-4-4 Rock Dale, Vishakapattanam-530002
0891-2562046

During the mid 20th century, a few Malankara Syrian Christians started coming to Visakhapatnam, the city of destiny for their livelihood. The need for worship in mother tongue arose and the Malayalam speaking Christians of different denominations formed a United Malayalee Christian Congregation in the year 1952. Towards the end of 1959, the Orthodox Syrian...

During the mid 20th century, a few Malankara Syrian Christians started coming to Visakhapatnam, the city of destiny for their livelihood. The need for worship in mother tongue arose and the Malayalam speaking Christians of different denominations formed a United Malayalee Christian Congregation in the year 1952. Towards the end of 1959, the Orthodox Syrian Christians of Visakhapatnam started a Parish under the priestly leadership of Rev. Fr. Thomas Moothedom. In 1961, H.G. Mathews Mar Athansious, the then Metropolitan of the Outside Kerala Diocese celebrated holy mass on Saint Stephen’s day. Thirumeni named the Congregation as Saint Stephen’s Orthodox Syrian Church and appointed Rev. Fr. Koshy Chacko as the full time Vicar of the parish. The Church could purchase a small piece of land at the very center of the city in 1966 when Rev. Fr. P.M Philipose was the Church Vicar. H.G. Mathews Mar Athanesious laid the foundation stone for the new Church on 18th Sept.,1966. The Church was consecrated by Thirumeni on 28th Jan., 1968. As the fellowship grew in size, the need for expansion was felt and the initiation for the renovation was blessed by H.G. Thomas Mar Themothios, Metropolitan of Malabar Diocese on 12th Jan., 1991. H.G. Zacharias Mar Dionysius, Metropolitan of Madras Diocese dedicated the newly constructed cross tower adjacent to the church to St.Mary on 12 Sept., 1993. When Rev. Fr. P.M. Kuriakose took over as vicar, the renovation work of the church was completed and it was consecrated on 10th Jan 1999 by H.G. Dr. Yakob Mar lrenios, Metropolitan of Madras Diocese. The Church came under the newly formed Bangalore Diocese in the year 2009 and celebrated its Golden Jubilee in the same year when Rev Fr. Lijo Jospeh Modiyil was the vicar. H.G. Dr. Yakob Mar Irenios, H.G.Abraham Mar Epiphanios and H.G. Yuhanon Mar Diascoros blessed the function. H.G. Dr. Abraham Mar Seraphim assumed full independent charge of the Bangalore Diocese on 15th August, 2010 and the church has been flourishing under the guidance of Thirumeni. Rev Fr. Cyril Varghese Vadakkadath took charge as Vicar in May, 2016. Around 120 families worship together harmoniously in perfect love and peace in this Church situated on the east coast. By the Grace of God, the church is getting ready for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations in 2019.

Read More
Vicar

Rev. Fr. Cyril Varghese

11-4-4 Rock Dale,Vishakapatnam - 530 002.
0891 2562046
096630 17919
[email protected]

List of Managing Committee Members for the year 2017-18.
Mr. K.K. Mathew

Kaisthanee (Treasurer )

Mr. Ponnachen C. D

Secretary

Managing Committee Members:
  1. Binu Immanuel
  2. Gracykutty Saji
  3. Johnson K. George
  4. Abraham Varughese
  5. Anitha Regi
  6. John Daniel
  7. K.K. Varghese
  8. David John
  9. Anitha Zachariah
  10. E. J. Jose
  11. Jessy Baby
  12. Manu Korulla

St. Andrew’s Orthodox Valiapally, Secuderabad

West Marredpally,Secunderabad-500026
040-27804971

Vicar

Rev. Fr. Lijo Joseph

West Marredpally Secunderabad - 500 026.
040 2780 4971
08501810470
[email protected]

List of Managing Committee Members for the year 2017-18.
Mr. K.M. Abraham

Kaisthanee (Treasurer )

Mr. Joseph Cherian

Secretary

Managing Committee Members:
  1. Reji Rajan
  2. Saju V. John
  3. Shibu Sam
  4. C. L. Kunjumon
  5. Sunny Samuel
  6. Ginodh Kurien
  7. K.V. Joseph
  8. M.A. Easow
  9. C.P. Philipose
  10. Joseph Chacko
  11. Gracy George
  12. Ajoy Thomas C.
   

St. Mary’s Orthodox Church, Ramachandrapuram

1-33/1,Kailash Nagar, Chandra Nagar Hyderbad-500050
040-23034384

St Mary’s Orthodox Church Ramachandrapuram was first blessed by Late His Grace Zachariah Mar Dionysius(Madras Diocese) on 20th,October 1986. The church building was reconstructed and consecrated on June 10 2011 by H.H BASELIOS MARTHOMA PAULOSE II, Catholicose of the East. Our Church has around 100+families as its members and is located near BHEL. Our Vicar is Rev....
St Mary’s Orthodox Church Ramachandrapuram was first blessed by Late His Grace Zachariah Mar Dionysius(Madras Diocese) on 20th,October 1986. The church building was reconstructed and consecrated on June 10 2011 by H.H BASELIOS MARTHOMA PAULOSE II, Catholicose of the East.
Our Church has around 100+families as its members and is located near BHEL. Our Vicar is Rev. Fr. Mani K. Varghese. Church Service is conducted every sunday morning at 7:30 AM. Every year, the padayatra to Hyderabad St. Gregorios Cathedral starts from St. Mary’s church and the church celebrates all the declared feasts of the church. The church feast, celebrating the dormition of St. Mary, our mother of christ,  is held on August 15 every year preceeded by 3 days of spiritual conventio
Read More
Vicar

Rev. Fr. Mani K. Varghese

1-33/1, Kailash Nagar, Chanda Nagar Hyderabad - 500 050.
040 23034384
095385 37527
[email protected]

List of Managing Committee Members for the year 2017-18.
Mr. B. Saju

Kaisthanee (Treasurer )

Mr. Tony Thampan

Secretary

Managing Committee Members:
  1. Yeshudas John
  2. K. Mathew
  3. Shiju Varghese
  4. Baby Daniel
  5. P. T. George
  6. V .O. Thomas
  7. Kiran Raj

St George Orthodox Church, Jeedimetla

Plot No.96, Padma Nagar Colony, Phase-1,Chinthal,Balanagar P.O, Quthbullapur, Hyderbad-500037
040-23176054

Vicar

Rev. Fr. Joshua Abraham

Plot No. 96, Padma Nagar Colony, Phase-1, Chinthal, Balanagar P.O., Quthbullapur, Hyderabad - 500 037.
040 2317 6054
08332851961
[email protected]

List of Managing Committee Members for the year 2017-18.
Mr. Sibi I Varghese

Kaisthanee (Treasurer )

Mr. D. Thankachan

Secretary

Managing Committee Members:
  1. Noel T. Rajan
  2. Sabu Daniel
  3. M. A. Mathew
  4. E. M. Byju
  5. P. B. Jose
  6. P. T. Sajan
  7. Roy Joy
  8. Y. Levichan
  9. D. Samuel
  10. Y. Raju
  11. Koshy Mathew

St Gregorios Orthodox Cathedral, Hyderabad

1-1-396/398, CathedralRoad. Gandhi Nagar P.O, Hyderabad-500080
040-27612322

Hyderabad is known as the Pearl City and Mar Gregorios Orthodox Syrian Church now renamed as St. Gregorios Orthodox Cathedral stands as a beacon of light radiating light and refuge for many believers irrespective of religion, cast and creed named after its first patron Saint Gregorios of Parumala. This is one of the earliest churches...

Hyderabad is known as the Pearl City and Mar Gregorios Orthodox Syrian Church now renamed as St. Gregorios Orthodox Cathedral stands as a beacon of light radiating light and refuge for many believers irrespective of religion, cast and creed named after its first patron Saint Gregorios of Parumala. This is one of the earliest churches established outside Kerala. In the beginning a few members of the church came to Hyderabad in the year 1939 along with other Syrian Christian denominations. They formed a united Malayalam Congregation and began worshipping in their own language, liturgy and rites. The first Holy Qurbana was celebrated at the SPG Chapel Secunderabad in the year 1939 by late Rev.Fr. T.I.Joseph. Later St. Andrews Church Society was formed with members of Orthodox and Mar Thoma, since membership of both the denominations increased they formed their own parishes.

The Orthodox parish at Secunderabad was formed in the year 1951 and Rev.Fr. K.K.Mathews ( Late Lamented H. G. Mathews Mar Barnabas ) was appointed as the first Vicar. In the year 1956 H. G. Mathews Mar Coorilos ( Late Lamented H. H. Baselios Mar Thoma Mathews II, Catholicos of the East and Malankara Metropolitan ) visited this parish formed a building committee with the aim of purchasing a plot and constructing a church since the services were conducted at the mercy of the local Christian brothers and also subject to the availability of Churches and Chapels after their service. By the Grace of  our Lord  a plot measuring about 2800 sq. yard near Gandhinagar, Hyderabad was purchased under the able leadership of Rev.Fr. M.T.Easo and the foundation stone was laid on 20th August 1967 by Rev.Fr. G.Ninan. The construction of the church was completed and was consecrated on 2nd November 1969 by H. G. Mathews Mar Athanasios ( Late Lamented H. H. Baselios Marthoma Mathews I, Catholicos  of the East and Malankara Metroplitan ) named after the Saint Gregorios of Parumala. In the year 1974 a Cross Tower was built and dedicated in the name of our Apostle St. Thomas. Alternate Sunday services were conducted both at Hyderabad and Secunderabad. It was from August 1st 1992 onwards regular Sunday services started both at Hyderabad and Secunderabad which paved way for an independent parish at Secunderabad St. Andrews Orthodox church in the year 1992.

In the year 1994 the silver jubilee of the church was celebrated and H. H. Baselios Mar Thoma Mathews II installed the Holy Relics of St. Gregorios of Parumala on 18th December 1994 and later elevated the church to the exalted position of a Cathedral on 21st December1994. In the year 2013 under the able leadership of Rev.Fr. Santhosh Samuel the church got a new face lift as the church was renovated and rededicated by H. H. Baselios Mar Thoma Paulose II on 11th April 2013. The year 2016 is an important landmark in the history of the church, a much awaited parsonage complex building a dream project was completed under the able leadership of Rev.Fr. Thomas Oommen was consecrated by our Diocesan Bishop H. G. Dr. Abraham Mar Seraphim on 29th October 2016 and named as Mar Baselius Complex.

There are about 182 members and this parish is blessed to have 4 priests who are born and brought up here, Rev.Fr. Thomas Oommen, Rev.Fr. John Joshbi Thomas, Rev.Fr. Joe Mathew and Rev.Fr. Bijoy Sakhariah and Br. Simon Joy 3rd year student studying at Kottayam Theological Seminary.The spiritual organizations like St. Mary`s league, Sunday School, area prayer meetings, MGOCSM &Youth Movement are very active. Every 4th Sunday we have English service.

St. Gregorios Cathedral is actively involved in the educational field, a registered society known as St. Gregorios Orthodox Christian Society was formed for this purpose and is running two Schools one in the Cathedral campus as St. Gregorios Cathedral School and another St. Marys high School at Chilkanagar under the rural education project, providing education to the poor and downtrodden children. May the Lord Almighty provide immense faith and hope to lead the church to Spiritual glory.

 

Read More
Vicar

Rev. Fr. Thomas Oommen

1-1-396/398,Cathedral Road, Gandhi Nagar P.O., Hyderabad - 500 080.
040 2761 2322
094419 22344, 09502086674
[email protected]

List of Managing Committee Members for the year 2017-18.
Mr. P. George Sakhariah

Kaisthanee (Treasurer )

Mr. P.K. Kurien

Secretary

Managing Committee Members:
  1. M.M. John
  2. Y. Georgekutty
  3. Babukutty P. Thomas
  4. G. Abraham
  5. V. S. Shaju
  6. Abraham Jacob
  7. K.C. Mathew
  8. P.I. George
  9. K.C. Cheriyan